June 22nd, 2011 by Setta
Let’s talk gear shop. In 4.2 we’re going to have several new ways of acquiring gear, above and beyond the natural collection of all Tier 11 gear through Justice Points.
First off: Complete Hyjal Quests. This is mandatory in order to continue on with the 4.2 conversion. Make sure you’ve done all the quests here so you’re not caught off-guard.
The next part consists of dailies combined with quest choices. It breaks down into this:
- Complete Stage 1 by doing all six quests and gathering 20 MotWT (Marks of the World Tree) to complete Calling for Reinforcements. There are three daily quests at this stage, granting 4 MotWT per day. You will need a minimum of three days to complete this stage.
- Complete Stage 2 by doing all three quests and gathering 150 MotWT to unlock additional dailies from either The Shadow Wardens or Druids of the Talon. Which one you choose is up to you, in the end to advance to the vendors you will need to complete both. There are seven daily quests at this stage (including previous stage), granting 14 MoTWT per day. You will need a minimum of ten days to complete this stage.
- Use The Shadow Wardens or Druids of the Talon to gather 150 MotWT in order to unlock the other half of quests. This will take less time as either one will open up several additional quests resulting 22 MotWT per day. Additional MotWT can be gathered from Anren and Tholo and/or the Fire Lasher dailies. You will need a minimum of seven days to complete this section.
- At this point you have will have completed both the Druids and Wardens sections and now have the choice of opening up a vendor of your choice. These quests (Calling the Ancients, Additional Armaments and Filling the Moonwell) each require 125 MotWT. With the previous sections you can earn 30+ MotWT per day. You will need a minimum of 5 days to earn a vendor.
- Enjoy the vendor loot you have unlocked!
Gear Through Crafting
Let’s talk weapons. In 4.2, there will be a weapon available for every class. This means if you don’t have a weapon then you’ll have one going into 4.2. Likely these patterns will be sold by the new vendors in 4.2. Let’s see how these will affect our raid, noting that everyone should be upgrading because the costs involved in doing so can be gathered prior to the patch actually going out. Hunters please notice you have two weapons you’ll want rather than only one. Everyone should start gathering for these items.
Setta: Unbreakable Guardian
Donavaan: Masterwork Elementium Deathblade
Sekikaze: Lightforged Elementium Hammer
Brewna: Lightforged Elementium Hammer
Raveion: Masterwork Elementium Spellblade
Gear Through Vendors (WowHead Link)
With those out of the way, we can talk about gear obtained through the dailies by unlock the vendors and purchasing them. Each vendor first requires the player to go through a quest chain that will ultimately lead to spending 125 Marks of the World Tree on a specific vendor. All vendors can be unlocked, but which comes first is the question.
Blacksmiths and Engineers: You will want to unlock Damek Bloombeard (Quest: Additional Armaments) in order to get all the plans / schematics so our guild can get the weapons we need.
Tanks (Setta & Donavaan): You will want to first unlock Varlan Highbough (Quest: Calling the Ancients) as this will unlock two tank rings and a tanking relic.
Caster DPS (Raveion): You will want to first unlock Damek Bloombeard (Quest: Additional Armaments) as it will provide two pieces. Each other vendor will give one piece.
Caster Healer (Keary, Brewna and Sekikaze): Keary and Brewna have the choice between Damek Bloombeard (Quest: Additional Armaments) and Ayla Shadowstorm (Quest: Filling the Moonwell) as both award two pieces. Sekikaze will want Damek Bloombeard (Quest: Additional Armaments) as he will provide three pieces (along with the patterns).
Ranged DPS (Jaqulyn and Ainimas): Any of the three will work as they all provide one piece of gear.
Melee DPS (Santile and Ravik): Santile can choose any of the three as they all provide one piece. Ravik will want either Damek Bloombeard (Quest: Additional Armaments) or Varlan Highbough (Quest: Calling the Ancients) as they both provide two pieces.
Gear Through Valor Points (MMO-Champion Link)
In this sense, everyone needs the same amount of VP to complete their goals: 10,500 VP. This will take a minimum 11 weeks to obtain all this gear with the current weekly cap.
Pieces obtainable through VP
- Tier 12 Chest (2200 VP)
- Tier 12 Legs (2200 VP)
- Tier 12 Hands (1650 VP)
- Wrists (1250 VP)
- Neck (1250 VP)
- Finger (1250 VP)
- Relic / Thrown / Wand (700 VP).
Gear Through Avengers of Hyjal Reputation (MMO-Champion Link)
Each spec can gain a Ring, Trinket, Waist and Back piece from the reputation gain in that order from Exalted to Friendly. This reputation can only be gained within the Firelands Raid and all pieces ore 378 with the exception of the ring which is 391. Naturally spellcasters can double up on the trinket and ring options if they find them suitable as one is DPS and one is spirit.
That about sums up this post! I know it was a long one, hope it was helpful. The rest of the gear can be obtained through raiding Firelands directly. I will create a post entailing all of the gear for each person obtainable and where from when I have time.